This text is a part of a collection sponsored by HLTH highlighting subjects that can be mentioned on the HLTH conference November 13-16 in Las Vegas.
The wrappings are off the preliminary agenda for the HLTH 2022 conference, scheduled for November 13-16 on the Venetian Expo in Las Vegas. It’s peppered with all kinds of subjects and audio system occupying niches throughout the healthcare ecosystem. A brand new open plan format will assist attendees stability testing subjects they’re eager to see on the convention with networking and conferences. Right here’s a preview of a few of what the convention has to supply, based mostly on the agenda descriptions.
Healthcare no buzzwords version, Disco Stage, Sunday, Nov. 13, 3:30-4:10 pm
Let’s comply with not use the buzzwords right here and speak particularly about well being information use circumstances. If money is king, then information is its queen. The sheer amount of health-related apps constructed on prime of knowledge from a wide range of medical and non-clinical sources is astounding. Sufferers now have the flexibility to monetize their very own well being information via DAOs and different blockchain-based platforms.
- Andrea Fletcher, government director, Digital Service on the Facilities for Medicare and Medicaid Companies (moderator)
- Aashima Gupta, World Director, Healthcare Options, Google
- Dr. Arif Nathoo, CEO, Komodo Well being
- Najat Khan, Chief Information Science Officer, Janssen Analysis & Growth
- Troy Bannister, CEO, Particle Well being
The ununited psychological state of America, Area stage, Monday, Nov. 14, 10:00-10:50 am
A panel on psychological well being, the audio system will share their views on the place the main focus of their efforts ought to be to assist individuals in determined want of care.
- Nikhil Krishnan, founder, Out-Of-Pocket Well being (moderator)
- Dr. David Stark, chief medical officer, Morgan Stanleywith various
- Dr. Varun Choudhary, chief medical officer, Talkspace
- Dr. Yusra Benhalim, senior nationwide medical director, Optum
Girls are healthcare, Gallery stage, Monday, Nov. 14, 11:50-12:20 pm
Girls juggle a number of roles as caregivers, moms, healthcare professionals and lecturers. It’s been a watershed 12 months for girls’s well being, from the U.S. Supreme Court docket’s overturning of Roe v. Wade, states invoking their very own abortion bans with various levels of severity and the ripple impact of this laws. Shortages impacting tampons to child method and the maternal mortality fee continues to climb. From incumbents to startups, there are a lot of organizations with trailblazing missions searching for to alter this narrative for future generations. Be a part of 5 ladies leaders as they candidly focus on this pivotal time in ladies’s well being.
- Dr. Christina Jenkins, enterprise companion, Phoenix Enterprise Companions (moderator)
- Alicia Jackson, CEO and founder, Evernow
- Christine Henningsgaard, co-founder and CEO, Quilted Well being
- Dr. Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, chief medical officer, variety fairness and inclusion, Allegheny Well being Community and Highmark Well being
- Lori Evans Bernstein, co-founder and CEO, Caraway
Cleared for takeoff: Well being pilots and partnerships, Gallery stage, Monday, Nov. 14, 3:30-4:10 pm
The challenges inside the healthcare business are too massive to face alone. Well being organizations are continuously on the hunt for brand spanking new companions and options with which to collaborate. With the sheer variety of pitches, pilots and offers, what’s one of the simplest ways to measure a partnership’s success? Throughout suppliers, payers and pharma, what metrics are getting used to quantify effectiveness? What specifics are every searching for when bringing on a brand new collaboration companion? Acquire new insights by attending this panel.
- Alisha Alaimo, president Biogen, U.S. Group (moderator)
- Arpa Garay, chief business officer, Moderna
- Paul Markovich, president and CEO, Blue Protect of California
- Ralph de la Torre, chairman and CEO, Steward Well being Care Programs
Doom or growth? Digital well being’s monetary future, Area stage, Tuesday, Nov 15, 11:00-11:40 am
In a bullish market, it’s simpler to take dangers within the brief time period. The actual take a look at of resilience is in a market downturn, which is the place we discover ourselves now. Has the digital well being bubble lastly burst? This panel will take a step again and consider the present state of the market, discover brief and long run predictions and dissect what founders ought to be doing throughout this unsettling time. Layoffs and down rounds should not all the time the reply.
- Chrissy Farr, well being tech investor, OMERS Ventures (moderator)
- Cheri Mowrey, head of U.S. healthcare, funding banking, Morgan Stanley
- Jonathan Bush, founder and CEO, Zus Well being
- Michael Yang, managing companion, OMERS Ventures
- Missy Krasner, enterprise chair, Redesign Well being
Past the press launch: Chief well being fairness officer influence, Gallery stage, Tuesday, Nov. 15, 11:00-11:40 am
Over the previous couple of years, our Google alerts have been stuffed with hiring bulletins from prime organizations appointing their first ever chief well being fairness officer (CHEO), marking an essential flip in our business’s prioritization of addressing well being disparities. These leaders include a plethora of expertise and the fervour to create an actual influence. Now that the primary wave of hires have had time to develop into acclimated to their roles and mission, this group of CHEOs will spotlight their accomplishments thus far and focus on their plans to advance well being fairness.
- Mary Stutts, chief international well being fairness and inclusion officer, Actual Chemistry (moderator)
- Dr. Nwando Olayiwola, chief well being fairness officer and senior vice chairman, Humana
- Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, vice chairman and chief well being fairness officer, CVS Well being
- Dr. Kulleni Gebreyes, U.S. consulting well being care sector chief, Deloitte
- Leon Clark, chief analysis and well being fairness officer, Sutter Well being
D2C as simple as B2B? Backyard Stage, Monday, Nov. 14, 3:30-4:10pm
So that you need to begin a digital well being firm? First, you’ll must determine your clients. You possibly can dive proper into the stomach of the B2B beast and promote to physicians, employers, well being plans, and so forth, however this can be an arduous journey. Well being organizations are notoriously change averse and in the event you’re not already on their radar, it may be difficult to interrupt in. On the flip aspect, you may strive your hand within the client market. Persons are hungrier than ever for options that may make a direct influence on their well being and well-being. The D2C path comes with steep competitors and client advertising and marketing ambiguity, however in the event you do it proper, you might simply develop into a family identify. There isn’t a fallacious reply, however these leaders have been via all of it and include the tales to inform.
- Aike Ho, companion, ACME Capital (moderator)
- Dr. Robin Berzin, MD, CEO and founder, Parsley Well being
- Russell Glass, CEO, Headspace Well being
- Sarah Jones Simmer, CEO, Discovered
- Sid Viswanathan, co-founder and CEO, Truepill
The damaged belief between public and well being, Area Stage, Tuesday, Nov. 15, 10:10-10:50am
Let’s face it, the belief has been misplaced between Americans and our authorities establishments. Has the wound gotten too deep to fix? Our federal businesses are anticipated to rise above the fragmentation inside our well being business and coordinate a cohesive nationwide response to well being emergencies. When this doesn’t occur, the finger pointing comes out, however like in any wholesome relationship, communication is vital. Three foremost consultants will share their thought of attaining concord between the general public and public well being officers. Joyful well being, joyful life!
- Anjalee Khemlani, reporter, Yahoo! Finance (moderator)
- Dr. Amy Abernethy, president of medical analysis platforms and former principal deputy commissioner at U.S. FDA, Verily
- Dr. Leana Wen, public well being professor, George Washington College
- Ezekiel J. Emanuel, MD, PhD, vice provost international initiatives, College of Pennsylvania
What’s plaguing our well being? Gallery stage, Tuesday, Nov. 15, 3:30-4:10 pm
Our era’s mark on well being’s historical past continues to be to be decided. Will we be outlined by the escalating psychological well being disaster, prevalence of power circumstances, childhood weight problems, the Covid-19 pandemic, ladies’s well being, or all the above? Not like the worldwide pandemic, now we have foresight into these ballooning crises, giving us a head begin to create a plan to curb them now and alter the trajectory of well being’s future. Be a part of 4 well being luminaries to debate what retains them up at night time and their opinions on the place the most important options lie inside the sea of well being innovation.
- Greg Meyers, government vice chairman, chief digital and expertise officer, Bristol Myers Squibb (moderator)
- Javier Rodriguez, CEO, DaVita
- Paul King, president and CEO, Stanford Medication Youngsters’s Well being
- Dr. Vivian Lee, president, Verily well being platforms, Verily
WELL by HLTH Bonus session: Is sleep a common treatment? Backyard Stage, Monday, Nov. 14, 12:30-12:50pm
Sleep impacts just about each tissue in our our bodies, progress and stress hormones, the immune system, urge for food, respiration, blood stress, and cardiovascular well being. Regardless of its huge significance to our total well being, the U.S. is going through an epidemic of sleeplessness. It’s solely just lately that we’ve begun to scratch the floor of how lack of sleep is hurting us. Hear how biometric information may also help individuals make private life-style selections that may profit sleep outcomes, why employers are taking a look at sleep and restoration as an unlock for his or her staff to advertise wellbeing and efficiency and what led the American Coronary heart Affiliation to replace its pointers this 12 months to incorporate sleep in its cardiovascular guidelines.
- Nancy Brown, normal companion, Oak HC/FT (moderator)
- Tom Hale, CEO, ŌURA
Scientific trials and tribulations, Area Stage, Wednesday, Nov. 16, 10:10-10:50am
The medical trial course of wants a refresh. The antiquated system is ripe for innovation, but it surely’s not been a simple highway to alter. Variety in medical analysis and trials continues to be a persistent challenge. We aren’t consultant of all sufferers, main to an enormous drawback down the highway when the remedy is in the end accredited and but not efficacious in all who can profit. Decentralizing the method is making inroads, however extra progress is required to have a system freed from disparities. What have we been doing fallacious this complete time? Specialists from all components of the well being business will paved the way to a greater system, so let’s hear them out.
- Vineeta Agarwala, MD PhD, normal companion, Andreessen Horowitz (moderator)
- Christopher P. Boone, vice chairman, international head of well being economics & outcomes analysis, AbbVie
- Ed Ramos, PhD, principal science officer & co-founder digital trials middle, CareEvolution & Scripps Analysis
- Ramita Tandon, chief medical trials officer, Walgreens
- Sheenu J. Kachru, CEO, Optum life sciences, Optum
Picture: Getty Photographs